Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Queen of Diamonds...



i think Marie Antoinette must have had a portrait done of herself like every 3 months or so...there is so much reference for her it's crazy...anywayz i have been struggling with what to do for my last Queen (did spades, hearts, and clubs) and then my friend Duck made a necklace with Marie Antwan...and the giant swirl began...it's something that happens when i get an idea...it's kind of fun...so...here she is...i referenced mostly her pose from one of her portraits - the face and outfit and just sort of happened...

i mean she was sort of a botch right? the whole let them eat cake stuff...she was kind of fabulous too i guess...and speaking of cake...painting that cake was a botch...

6 comments:

GlorV1 said...

I love the painting. The blues are awesome. Somehow it seems to go with her "Personality." I'll have a piece of cake please.:D Have a great weekend. Happy Valentine's Day! (tomorrow)

Liz Revit said...

Lovely painting as always!

Nicola said...

She is gorgeous! This really is a lovely piece!

Michelle said...

I love it! Her hair is fabulous, her face and dress are pretty, and the cake looks great, too. Clever idea.

Liz Revit said...

Hey, Adrienne. I tagged you on my blog. Check it out. If you don't feel like playing, not a big deal, but at least you're mentioned on my blog.

Coreopsis said...

Wow. This totally fits. The cool (as in temperature) colors fit with her attitude, and that cake and her hair. Yes!